Most people in Internet Businesses might have heard of buzzwords about Web 2.0.
Do you really believe that web 2.0 is a new trend and it's whole fresh?
Thanks to Dreaming,
I found a very interesting post. Take a look and have time for a deep thought.
Dead 2.0 - 11 Suggestions For Not Being a Dot-Bomb 2.0
- Have a revenue model, right now. Not something you’ll figure out when you get some traffic. Oh, and it cannot be 100% based on AdSense or being an Amazon Affiliate.
- Be a complete business, not just a feature. Social networking on its own is done (despite recent entrants). MySpace and one or two others will survive, and they will get wrapped into bigger services.
- Affect real people, not just bloggers.
- Get a real, memorable name. If you don’t have one now, figure out when you’ll make the switch.
- If applicable, get unaffiliated with Web 2.0, because it is hype and will have a very negative backlash in a little while. I don’t know when, but it’s coming.
- Find some friends who don’t drink the kool-aid and get their honest feedback. All too often we are surrounded by folks who want to make us feel good.
- If you are revolutionary, make sure that a revolution is coming. Tagging social networks into podcasting clouds sure sounds fancy, but where is the wave to jump on?
- Fit your business into an existing food chain. Back in dot-com times everybody spoke of a new economy. Well, surprise, there isn’t one.
- Do not expect to be Google and, just as importantly, do not expect them to buy you.
- Ignore the hype and have fun.
U'd better go read the whole article if you have more time. There's more to explore. ;]